Our 2017 Restoration Award was presented to the home at 17 Beverly Road for the faithful restoration of the home designed by Aymar Embury, one of the leading architects of the early 1900s.
Our 2016 Restoration Award was presented to the Korean United Methodist Church, located at 715 Northern Boulevard for the faithful restoration of their Sunday School building.
This lovely home on Maple Drive is a reminder of times past.
The building now known as Great Neck House was originally a library, donated by Louise and Roswell Eldridge over a hundred years ago.
Clicking on the underlined address will bring up a full description of the history of the building.
15 Deer Park Road - a beautiful home located on the property formerly belonging to W.R. Grace.
The Village School- previously served Great Neck as a Church, Theater and Community Center.
Sunset Road - a home remodeled by McKim, Mead, and White, famous for redesigning the White House.
325 Old Lakeville - one of Great Neck's earliest homes, was built in 1814 by Stocker Woolley.
200 Grist Mill Lane - in the village of Saddle Rock is significant for its unusual construction.
42 Farm Lane - A one-story farmhouse built c. 1814 by Sam Warren. Known as "Maple Cottage"
49 Cedar Drive - a home built by Gustav Stickley, founder of the American Craftsman movement.
50 Pond Road - built in 1909 for E.M. Scott, "one of the most successful manufacturers in the world."
1 Cove Lane - a home built from the hayloft, stables and water tower of the former Cord Meyer Estate.
Homes Honored With Great Neck Historical Society Plaques
Heritage Recognition Program
21 Lincoln Road - once the home of Groucho Marx; Chico also lived in Great Neck.
The Kenwood Gardens Apartmentswere the first coop apartments on Long Island and the epitome of luxury.
All too often we lose older homes to the wrecking ball. The Great Neck Historical Society is proud to honor buildings which have been lovingly restored. In 2015 we presented out first Outstanding Restoration Award to the home at 17 Arrandale Avenue
Great Neck Estates Village Hall was an elegant home constructed in 1913 for the Crowell family.
St. Aloysius R.C. Church - Gothic style church built in 1913 for a Parish formed by Bishop John Loughlin in 1876.
Other Buildings Honored With Great Neck Historical Society Plaques
124 Susquehanna Avenue was built before the Civil War, and has an amazing past.
Outstanding Restoration Award
11 CramptonAvenue- one of a unique block of 1920s bungalows.
GREAT NECK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
44 Arrandale Avenue- Built in 1910 for Walter Ninesling, Great Neck's original department store owner.
15 Beverly Road- Built c. 1915, and currently on only its 2nd owner, the home was designed by Harry Otis Chapman
Kensington Village Hall was once the carriage house of the estate of C.E. Finlay, one of the developers of that village.
North High School- built in 1929 on land previously belonging to William Gould Brokaw.